Mahmut Pasha Complex, located in a province of Eminönü with the same name as the tomb, was commissioned by Mahmud Pasha, one of the viziers of Fatih the Conqueror in 1474. The original complex at the time of its construction housed a mosque, a tomb, double Turkish baths, an inn, a madrasah, a soup kitchen, a primary school and a court.
A total of 3548 tiles in five different shapes were created for the restoration project of the complex that began in 2021. The Seljuk era tiles in turquoise, manganese violet and cobalt were produced in line with their original forms. The restoration is still underway.